around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Hitchhiker has thumbed a ride out of here

My Hitchhiker spinning wheel is starting on a journey to its new home today. The poor thing was terribly neglected around here. David at the Merlin Tree made it for me back in 2005 and I used it once. Sad, I know.

But things will change in its new home - Tracey will make sure of that.

Before anyone makes a big deal out of me giving a spinning wheel to someone I don't even know (except on online), let me tell you this is totally selfish on my part. It gives me a large thrill to make someone else happy, even if I've never met them in person. (I'm pretty sure she's happy about it, judging from the number of emails I've received.) Besides, Tracey was threatening to hire out her daughter as farm labor to raise the money for a wheel. I don't think the Monkey would go for that.

I hope if (or when) Tracey decides to get a newer, fancier wheel she'll consider giving this wheel to someone else that is desperate to spin. It seems appropriate that a Hitchhiker should travel.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My plans were exactly that. To send it on it's way to another "needy" spinner. I was thinking of maybe even marking your name on it, then mine, and continue in this manner. We will see how many names we can get on this "get me on my feet" spinning wheel.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Way ahead of you - Our names are already on the base of the wheel. (underneath)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Why doesn't that amaze me? What a wonderful and generous thing to do?!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

What a sweet thing to do Cynthia! I don't think there is anything selfish about it.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That's the best thing- find it a home where it will be used and enjoyed.

So sorry about Emy- she was a sweetie.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia you are awesome, can't wait to see our names. And really, thanks for being soooo selfish. ;)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's here! Weeeeee, thanks!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be an offline person making a fuss about giving the Hitchhiker to Tracey. Whaddayamean, someone you don't know? (I know that online can be deceitful, but so can real life.)

And yay for selfish moves like yours! That's sweet.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home