around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Sunday, September 23, 2007

yes, I am alive

Just very, very busy. Working every weekend is starting to drive me (more) crazy. Since the work craziness will continue for an indefinite period I probably will be even worse about updating this blog than usual. We'll see.

A few random things.....

I did finally finish those bamboo socks for my hubby. Pictures to follow, when I can be bothered to hook the camera to the laptop.

I started another pair - this time in Sockotta cotton/wool. I couldn't be bothered with any kind of pattern, so they're going to be plain stockinette. That's all my brain can deal with right now.

Tracey has exciting news - go looky! Frenzied knitting must now commence...

The new Knitty is out and I've actually found a pattern I'd like to knit. Frankly, while the patterns are usually cute or funky, I rarely find something I like well enough to invest time and materials on. This one meets at least some of my knitting needs and I love the name....Mr Greenjeans! That sooo reveals my age.

Well, back to the grindstone... I'll check in with you all later.

Ok, forgot something. One of those weird things. I posted my Cat's Paw scarf last Christmas as a free pattern and asked people to email me for the chart if they wanted it. Never heard from anyone, but that's ok. Suddenly, about two months ago I had a request. Ok, cool. Then a few weeks later, another request... Ok, wow! Then another.... Ok, is someone talking here?

Ok, all finished for now...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Mr. Greenjeans too!

I also liked Henry in the new Knitty. I think I'll be knitting it for my dad at some point.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Traceyleezle said...

My guess is someone's got it (your pattern) on Ravelry. I thought Mr. Greenjeans was great.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Mr Greenjeans too. Cool about the requests for your Cat's Paw pattern!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Mr. Greenjeans is one of the only ones that caught my eye as well.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home