around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, January 28, 2008

finished!

I finished another UFO!
My qiviut scarf, the Chevron and Berry Scarf from Folkknits.
I made one just like this for my husband and started this one last year for myself. Got about 2/3rds done and just stopped. Always nice to get something finished.
And that means I can start something else! My sis & her husband gave me some camel hair yarn at Thanksgiving. I've been trying to think of something special to make with it. There's 150-200 yards of 2-ply handspun. Thinking about maybe doing the fingerless mitts - Fetching, or something like it. Or maybe a hat.

And for my birthday, my DH gave me FIVE skeins of Socks that Rock! That's light-weight Spinel in the picture (it's not that blue - more greeny/blue). I'm almost finished with the wild zebra socks, so can start on this soon, too.

I'm not forgetting about the other UFOs. I can only start a new project if I finish an old one. (we'll see how long this resolve lasts)

2 Comments:

Blogger Traceyleezle said...

Five skeins of STR?!?!?! Wow, do you rent him out to tutor other hubbys?

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The resolution will last as long as it needs to. ;)

Five skeins? Awesome! And your scarf is beautiful.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home