around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Monday, January 23, 2006

Did I mention I love sock knitting?



I love sock knitting! I love the fact that they're so darn portable. When I wear a pair of hand-knitted socks, it's like I've got a secret - underneath the slacks and shoes, I'm wearing something special. I'm always impressed when the heel turns and the toe decreases and the kitchener stitch actually works.

My dad-in-law's socks are finished - off they go....
His birthday is next Monday, so there should be plenty of time to get them there.

This is a simple ribbed sock knit from the top down. It's got a slightly higher heel/instep than usual, 'cause I like it like that, and a slightly pointed grafted toe. The cuffs are turned down in the picture; they're actually about 7 inches long. I generally keep a pair of socks on the needles at all times. Next pair will be out of Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, a Christmas gift from my DH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home