around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Finally, a decent WIP picture



Ok, I swear it's not orange in person. Red, definitely red. But at least the cables show up nicely even though the central tree-of-life motif doesn't show very well.

Tunic-style long-sleeve sweater (or least it will eventually have long sleeves). Double moss stitch ground with mirror cables on each side of a knit-purl tree-of-life motif. It will have a buttonup placket and a stand-up collar. Design by me, with some help from the Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns.

Mother specified the general type of sweater she wanted - no ribbing at the bottom, the placket & stand-up collar, long-sleeves - I went from there. The Debbie Bliss Cathay is wonderful for texture work; it really shows the cables well.

This is my only WIP right now and I normally have two projects going at once - should I start another pair of socks? I've got a felted messenger bag pattern & yarn waiting in the wings. Should I pick up one of my UFOs? All of my UFOs are large projects, nothing easy to haul around. Decisions, decisions....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home