around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Distraction



As a distraction from the total lack of progress on my second French sock, I am instead presenting another past project.



Stats:
Pattern: Aran Pullover
Source: Two Sticks and a String by Kerry Ferguson
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in color 300205 (denim blue)
Completed: Winter 2005

I made this sweater for my husband last winter. He wanted a traditional Aran sweater and I searched long and hard for an appropriate pattern. I finally came across this - www.sweaterproject.org. David documented his journey of knitting this pattern so well that I was compelled to find the out-of-print book and make it myself.

It hasn't been cold enough for my husband to wear it very often but it is already showing signs of wear. The Cashmerino yarn is wonderfully soft, but that's the problem. It's so soft that it doesn't take much to make it pill. Still, I think it is a good trade-off - Cashmerino is definitely yummy! I love Kerry Ferguson's 'wind-blown' cables (my pictures of said cables did not come out very well).

BTW - I'm actually wearing my UFOlympic challenge coat today!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh!!!! My sweater's long-lost cousin! It's beautiful. And I bet it feels wonderful in Cashmerino. I used a very rough Irish wool - it's warm, but scratchy as all get-out.

Congrats! And I'm glad you liked my journal enough to try it for yourself.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home