around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Progress report



Natalie's wanting a progress report. Poor thing, it doesn't sound like she's had much time to knit yet. Go, girl!

On my Einstein 'Not so warm' Coat - the second sleeve now looks like the first sleeve did when I started this challenge. (and, yes, that's Emy trying to eat my Denise needles again!) I'm about 30 rows into sleeve two. Not so worried about finishing on time, as there is very little finishing to this thing - seams on the tops of the shoulders and sleeves, weaving in ends, and sewing on buttons.

On my continuing mission to present past projects (OK, I like bragging....) - here's the Nantucket Brocade short sleeve sweater by Kristin Nicholas' Knitting the New Classics. I used more of my stash of Mission Falls 1824 cotton. Although the pattern is shown as all one color, I didn't have enough to do that - I kind of like the contrasting color on the neck and arms, though. It made the neat cabled rib stand out. (Emy is fascinated any time I put anything on the floor - she's assumes it is a new toy for her.)

I've made a fair number of sweaters so far - but of those I've made for myself, this one probably gets more wear than any of the others.

Child's French Sock - Part Two -

Hubris - n : overbearing pride or presumption

Oh, I don't need to look at that chart again - after all, I did a whole sock in this pattern just a few days ago. Ha!

Yes, I started the Citron pattern just fine - gloating as I did so that the yarn-over mistakes of the first sock were not being repeated. Started the second repeat of the Citron and noticed that I had ignored the diaper knitting altogether! I had three nice, neat sections of k1p1 ribbing instead. Do not attempt to fix these kinds of mistakes at 11pm after a long day of work. It can be done, but my karma is probably permanently damaged by all the swearing.

I am however past all that....if I can keep Emy from eating my dps (I had just pulled one of them out of her mouth when I took this picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

You go Girl!!!! The raglan is coming along really fast. I knew I was a slow knitter I just didn't realize HOW SLOW until I started UFOlympics and keeping track of how much I knit per sitting.

I totally LOVE the lace knitting. I'm going to venture into a large lace piece next; your's is sooo beautiful....want it.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I am loving that short sleeve sweater. I really like the two colors- great choice!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home