around n round she goes

A blog for my knitting, spinning, quilting, violin-playing, or whatever else floats my boat

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One sock, Two sock, Red sock, Blue sock


Sorry about that title....my sister got me started on a Dr Seuss trend the other day. One sock down, one sock to go. I made a few changes to the Child's French Sock pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks. The patterned portion of the sock was supposed to continue down the instep of the sock almost to the toe. I'm not too keen on having something with that much texture inside my shoe so I discontinued the Citron pattern when I started the heel, then discontinued the diaper knitting when I finished the gusset. Really happy with the way it turned out. I've already started the cuff of the second sock.

Sleeves! and more Sleeves! I'm through the increases for Mom's sweater sleeves (finally). Of course, I need a little more length then need to do the decreases & cap shaping, but at least the end is visible.

We're almost there- In the next day or two I'll be posting my 'starting position' picture for the Einstein coat I'm finishing for the UFOlympics . I'm doing the 'not-so-warm' version which is also known as the coat without an end. All I have left on this is... (drum-roll, please!)... Sleeves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home